Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cruisin' Part 2

Second stop: Belize. Our tour guides took us to their place in the orange walk district where we ate some un'belize'ably yummy food (That's what Elvis, our guide, said all the time). Then we took a speed boat down the crocodile infested new river to the ancient mayan city of Lamanai. I made sure we had Addi's shoes this time! We hiked around the different temples in the rainforest and saw lots of stuff. We even saw a toucan and some howler monkeys.
We all climbed the high temple (except the kids, of course) where we stood high above the rainforest. I was quick to go up and then come back down. I didn't want to go down when everyone else went down. Are you kidding me? What if someone slipped?

I know you're probably thinking.."that doesn't look too scary"

Well check it out from this angle!
Do you see the kids down below?
And I wasn't even at the very top!

Third stop: Roatan Island, Honduras
We went zip lining while my parents took the kids (to an iguana farm). It was so much fun! I know you're all lovin' the pic of us in our gear..

Want to know the scariest part of the whole zip line experience? The small van that took more people than it should to the top of the mountain. We were fish tailing all the way up the muddy road (with cliffs on each side) and people were bouncing everywhere! I think that must have been what the helmets were for. Thank goodness I had it on b/c I hit my head a few times on the windows. I just wish I had it on video... hilarious and scary, all the same time.

Then there was the gay monkey at the end. Yes, he was...he didn't like women, just men. At first I was a little disappointed that I couldn't get that dang monkey to climb on me, but seeing Daniel's shirt afterwards...I was really glad it didn't.

We met up at the beach and even took home some nice souvenirs...shells, coral, bracelets, sand bug bites...

Day at Sea
We had a nice day at sea goofing off. We ate, went down the water slide, ate some more, drank tropical beverages, ate some more, took a nap, ate some more...you get the idea.


Last Stop: Bahamas
We had a great day of shopping and hanging out at the beach. The weather was perfect! What more could we ask for? (except maybe for the "braid ladies" to leave us alone..)


It was time to pack up and go home. I think Addi was ready. She even buckled herself in so we wouldn't forget her.

It was a great trip and we're all wishing we could still be there soaking up the rays!

I know, I know...these posts were long!

3 comments:

Brianna said...

Looks like you guys had a fun eventful "trip". I love cruisin', especially with you Meish. We've had some good times...

Meisha said...

And guess what I ordered for room service? A BLT just for old times sake...

Brianna said...

Did Jayme order a PBJ & chips in honor of me? I bet he didn't take a nap in a twin bed with you either... where's the love?!!