Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween


October went by really quickly. K's school had a carnival on the 24th. They had all the usual stuff going on...face painting, bounce houses, and really lame games. I hate going to the carnival b/c there's millions of kids running around and it's stuffy, smelly, and you have to wait forever in the lines to play a really dumb game. Why do I go? The kids love it...well, K anyway. Then on tues. was the trunk or treat. The kids cleaned me out of all my candy. Note to other people out there: kids really like airheads for some reason. Then the big day finally arrived...Halloween! Our day started quite early in the morning with Kaylee coming in our room saying that she felt like she was going to throw up. Well she did...many times. My heart just sunk thinking that she was going to be sick on halloween. She absolutely loves halloween. I had the chicken pox on halloween one year, along with my younger siblings, and it sucked! She had to stay home from our little neighborhood party that some ladies and I had been planning. I hoped that she would get over it pretty quick so she could go trick or treating that night. Well, she pulled through. She's one tough cookie and usually gets over the stomach flu in about 10 hours or so. I don't think it's possible for that kid to be sick for that long. Her personality doesn't allow it or something. I took the kids around while J passed out candy. He said the glow in the dark fangs were a big hit. It's just something I chucked in the bowl b/c I didn't want the ones left over from our little party with the kids. He said that kids were coming back for more. Kaylee was pretty beat by the end of the night, but she didn't want to go home. I finally made her.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Seems like that flu bug is going around Utah right now. Glad I missed out on that one! Looks like your kids had fun! Did you dress up?

the4isoms said...

They look so cute! I'm sorry K was sick :( I hope no one else got it.