Friday, September 18, 2009

Lotoja

We (My parents, Amy and I) had a quick getaway last weekend for the Lotoja. I woke up at 3:00 sat. morning so I could meet at my parents house at 4:00. This year we also fed one of Nate's buddies. None of us caught his name when being introduced, so I just called him Buzz Newmoon (that's what it said on two of his musette bags). His name is really Brent Cannon.
It was quite the adventure driving with my Dad in Buzz's truck. Especially when we hit the huge sprinkler and then the dirt road. Nate and two other riders kicked everyone's trash. I'm pretty sure Nate would have gotten first, but he probably would have been disqualified. (He was riding under some other guys name that couldn't make it to the race). It was Lotoja's fault, but whatever...they're idiots anyway. I'm glad this was Nate's last time riding in the Lotoja (or so he says..) I think he's said that for the past 7 years. Nate aka Rob Lofgran came in 3rd. The other two guys looked like they were about to die. I wish I could have gotten video of after the race when Nate was talking to a reporter. It was pretty funny when the reporter asked his name and Nate replied with "Rob Lofgran". Guess you had to be there.
We had dinner at the Mangy Moose in Teton Village. It's tradition to eat there and stay at the Inn at Jackson Hole. I wish I could have said that we partied all night long, but I was exhausted. I was asleep before Nate got back to the room at 10:30. I think I'm getting a little old. In the morning we skipped the awards ceremony and went to breakfast at Bubba's in downtown Jackson instead. We hit the candy shop and then headed for home. It was short, but fun. I didn't really get any pics of the race. There was just no time between all the swapping of the bottles and grabbing things out of the bags. Jayme survived without me and the house was even pretty clean when I got home. He's a keeper!There's nothing like a Mountain Dew playground for kids. You gotta start them out young...


Waiting for dinner (must have been some serious conversation..)


The morning after

No comments: