Kaylee had her parent/teacher/student meeting this past week for 2nd term. She's doing great in school and I couldn't be prouder. Now to brag a little, which doesn't happen very often. Kaylee has never ceased to amaze me. She was a speedy crawler at 6 mos, walking at 9 mos, putting three or four words together at 12 mos, and knew all her letters and the sounds they made at 24 mos (not to mention colors and shapes). It's been fun to see her grow and learn new things. I started to get really excited when she was learning to read in preschool. She's the only one in her 1st grade class that got all 4's and her reading is off the charts. In first grade (2nd term) they like the students to be at a 40-50 on the graph for reading and nonsense words. The graph goes up to 140, and she's not on the graph. What a little smarty pants. They have reading buddies that are fifth graders and she sometimes has to help her buddy with words. That just cracks me up! Anyway, enough bragging...I just want everyone to know how proud I am of my little Kaylee. Keep up the great work Kaylee!
Last, but not least....Addi is finally starting to get over her stupid cough, so I've been able to get a little more sleep at night. It kind of sucks that I have a cough though. Those meds we picked up in Belize sure have come in handy!
And now a few pictures of our past two weeks:
"Tom & Jerry's"




2 comments:
Meish -- that's incredible about Kaylee's reading. I have 5th and 6th graders who can't read like that. That's a hoot that she's helping older kids with their reading. What an advantage for her (and you!). You've done a great job. So fun to hear about your girls!
Love, Jan
I miss you guys. Tom & Jerry's looks like fun :) K's reading is awesome. That is the foundation for every other subject! She must take after our side of the fam.
Post a Comment